Once accepted as a student, or hired as an employee, of the University of Kentucky, you will have a computing account automatically created for you. This account will be your primary means of access to many of the systems at UK including but not limited to the following: accessing your email, logging into myUK, logging into the machines in the Student Computing Labs, and access other computer services at the University.
The myUK system provides students with the ability to register for classes, pay bills online, and update contact information. Faculty and Staff will use the myUK web site to access the SAP system, access W2 information, and other Employee Self-Service features.
For information about activating your Link Blue account for first time use, please see the Activating your Link Blue Account article. For a list of systems and services that Link Blue provides access to, please see the Link Blue Services page.
How to Request Account
If for some reason you need to request an account, or you wish to determine the login ID for an existing user please follow one of the methods below:
Rules for Passwords
- Fill out the Computing Accounts Request Form (http://www.uky.edu/IT/CustomerService/authoriz.pdf). The form should be signed by an official Security Liaison of your college/department. The form must be delivered or faxed (859 257-9374) to the IT Customer Service Center.
- An email request sent to the CSC's Accounts team (email@example.com) by an official Security Liaison of your college/department.
- For more assistance please call the IT Customer Service Center at 859-218-HELP(4357).
Passwords created for this account must follow these rules:
- Minimum Length: 8 characters.
- Password Expiration: 90 Days.
- Password History: The last 8 passwords will be stored, and cannot be reused.
- Password Lockout: After 150 unsuccessful log-on attempts. (The password will be unlocked automatically by the system after 30 minutes, or you can contact the Service Desk at 218-HELP(4357). The identity of the requestor will be verified when you call.)
- Composition: Must contain characters from THREE of these FOUR categories:
- Upper Case Letters: A through Z
- Lower Case Letters: a through z
- Numerals: 0 through 9
- All non-alphanumeric characters, such as: ! @ # % $
- Cannot be the same as your User ID
- Cannot be the same as your University Email Address
- Cannot be the same as your past 8 passwords
- Cannot contain your first, middle or last name
For More Assistance
Please contact the IT Support if you have any questions or problems while following these instructions. Our contact information and availability are available on the Main Wiki Page.
University of Kentucky Information Technology Support
© 2008 University of Kentucky. This document is maintained by the University of Kentucky Information Technology department for the students, faculty and staff of the University. All rights reserved. Duplication of this document is permitted to the aforementioned audience.