UKIT will upgrade to Blackboard (Bb) Learn 9.1 on August 11th at 8 am until August 13, 2012 at 8 am. Here is the list of new features:
• Automated Regrading: The most requested new feature in SP8 saves time and makes correcting problem questions in assessments easier. Instructors can drop questions, give full credit, change point value, or change which answer is marked correct. The system will re-grade submitted assessments gracefully and provide notification about what has changed.
• New User Interface: The focus on user experience is evident with the new, yet familiar user interface. Providing a clean and uncluttered experience, users will notice easier navigation and task completion.
• Course Themes: In addition to the new Default Theme, over 50 professionally designed themes are available to match courses to the subject, color preference, or current mood. Changing the course theme is as easy as selecting an item from the drop-down menu.
• Quick Setup Guide: The Blackboard Learn platform supports all pedagogical methods. Different courses require different structures and designs. The new Quick Setup Guide makes it easy to choose an appropriate theme and structure for the course. Therefore the instructor can spend less time designing and more time on teaching.
• Task-Based Navigation: Task-Based Navigation allows the user to jump from one course to another, retaining the context of the page, to perform the same task across multiple courses, saving time and frustration.
• Activity & Performance Reporting: SP8 introduces reporting on performance as well as on activity in the system. Standard reporting include student views against standards, plus a standard-centric view of aggregate student performance. Activity reporting includes user activity (for administrators), course activity, and student activity.
Questions about the upgrade can be sent to the UKIT Blackboard Scholars at BbScholars@uky.edu.