SafeAssign News Update
Many of our Instructors have embraced the use of plagiarism checking building blocks within Blackboard. This is a tool that, as it has grown in popularity, has become essential to many of our Instructors.
Due to this increase in usage, there are two intermittent SafeAssign issues that the University of Kentucky has been experiencing: extended time to receive submission results and errors when submitting papers or accessing submissions.
Extended time to receive submission results.
1. Processing time for SafeAssign increases during peak usage times. During these times, it may take a few minutes or several hours to process.
2. Any submissions that are in the queue to process do not need to be re-submitted.
Intermittent errors when submitting papers or accessing submissions.
1. Occasionally users receive error messages when attempting to submit during peak usage times.
2. Submissions that result in these error messages need to be re-submitted.
3. Our vendor is working to increase server capacity.
We are continuing to make the necessary adjustments needed to keep SafeAssign a reliable tool.