***Updated for Fall 2011***
Create a Category in the Grade Center
The Grade Center contains default Categories such as Assignment, Discussion, Survey, and Test; Instructors can create their own Course Categories such as Quiz, Group Work, or Labs.
To create a category to the Grade Center:
1) Confirm you are in the course you would like to work in and that you have the Edit Mode set to ON.
2) Select Grade Center from the Control Panel, and then open Full Grade Center.
3) In the Full Grade Center, mouse over Manage in the Action Bar of the Grade Center, select Categories from the Action Link (drop-down) menu and when the window pops up, select Create Category.
4) In new page, enter the Name and Description (input any information here that may help you distinguish this Category from any other) for the Category.
5) Click on Submit to create the Category.
Return to the previous menu
©University of Kentucky, 2009
Academic Technology (ATG)
Permission is granted to reproduced materials for educational, noncommercial purposes, with acknowledgement of the University of Kentucky.