***Updated for Fall 2011***
Creating Grade Columns in the Grade Center
Grade Columns are automatically generated for all gradable items (Discussion Boards, Assignments, Surveys, and Assessments) that you create.
To manually create a Grade Column in the Grade Center:
1) First make sure you are in the course you would like to work in and that you have the Edit Mode set to ON.
2) Next, go to Grade Center from the Control Panel, and select Full Grade Center.
3) Once you are in the Full Grade Center, select Create Column in the Action Bar.
4) Assign a Name for the Column, and enter any necessary description.
5) For the next section of settings, you can modify the Primary and Secondary Displays (the type of scoring displayed) and assign a Category or Associate a Rubric. Note the only required information is Points Possible, you must enter a numeric value.
6) You can enter a due date for the column, to enter a Due Date, select either None (no due date for the Grade Item) or Due On (enter the month, day and year the Grade Item will be due).
7) The next set of Options determine the calculations and visibility options.
8) Once done, click on Submit.
Return to the previous menu
©University of Kentucky, 2009
Academic Technology (ATG)
Permission is granted to reproduced materials for educational, noncommercial purposes, with acknowledgement of the University of Kentucky.