***Updated for Fall 2011***
Create a Grading Period in the Grade Center
Grading Periods can be defined as Terms, Semesters, Quarters, Years, etc. and may have date ranges that further define them; there are no default Grading Periods.
1) Confirm you are in the course you would like to work in and that you have the edit mode set to ON.
2) Click Grade Center from the Control Panel, and select Full Grade Center.
3) Once in the Full Grade Center, mouse over Manage in the Action Bar of the Grade Center, select Grading Periods from the Action Link (drop-down) menu.
4) In new page, select Create Grading Period.
5) Next, enter a Name and Description (this will help identify and organize different Grading Periods) for the Grading Period, Select the Grading Period Dates (you may either select None or set a Range based on the Start Date and End Date, including month, day, and year). If a date range has been specified, check Associate this Grading Period with all columns that have a Due Date within this date range.
6) When done, click Submit.
Please keep in mind that Grade Center Items cannot be associated with more than one Grading Period; if there is an overlap in Grading Periods the newest will override the settings of an older Grading Period and all items that were associated with the older Grading Period will become associated with the newest.
Return to the previous menu
©University of Kentucky, 2009
Academic Technology (ATG)
Permission is granted to reproduced materials for educational, noncommercial purposes, with acknowledgement of the University of Kentucky.