Create a Grading Schema
A Grading Schema (also known as a Grading Scale) is a diagram based on percentage ranges that matches scores to specific grade displays. The Schema will display in all automatically graded columns within the Grade Center (ex: Tests and Quizzes).
1) Confirm you are in the course you would like to work in and the Edit Mode is set to ON.
2) From the Control Panel, click Grade Center and select Full Grade Center.
3) In the Full Grade Center, hover over Manage and select Grading Schemas from the drop-down menu.
4) In the Create Grading Schema page, enter a Name and Description for the Grading Schema (these will assist in identifying for easier use the Grading Schemas you create).
5) Next, enter the Schema Mapping information; you can create a schema as lax or rigid (for example: Grades scored between 100% and 89.5% will equal A or Grades scored between 100% and 93% will equal A) as you wish – you may edit any schema you create later.
To add more ranges to your Schema click the arrow in the Insert Rows column to insert a new row. To remove any value range (row) you no longer need, click Delete Row button on the row you wish to delete.
6) Click Submit when done.
Return to the previous menu
©University of Kentucky, 2009
Academic Technology (ATG)
Permission is granted to reproduced materials for educational, noncommercial purposes, with acknowledgement of the University of Kentucky.