***Updated for Fall 2011***
Creating a Total Points Column in the Grade Center
1) Confirm you are in the course you would like to work in and that you have the edit mode set to ON.
2) From the Control Panel select Grade Center, and click on Full Grade Center.
3) Once you are in the Full Grade Center, mouse over the Create Calculated Column icon in the Action Bar and select Total Column from the drop-down menu.
4) In the Create Total Column page, first enter the Column Name, Grade Center Display Name (optional), and Description (optional).
5) Scrolling down, choose a Primary Display (Secondary is optional). This is the format in which grades will appear in the column.
6) If applicable, choose a Grading Period (if you wish to associate this column with a particular Grading Period).
7) Next, select the columns and/or categories that you would like to include in this Total Grade Column, and decide whether or not to calculate as a running total. Note that if you choose the radio button "Selected Columns and Categories" a new table will appear.
8) When done with Columns, scroll down to decide upon last 3 Options. These determine visibility and Grade Center calculation.
9) Click on Submit to create the column.
Return to previous menu
©University of Kentucky, 2009
Academic Technology (ATG)
Permission is granted to reproduced materials for educational, noncommercial purposes, with acknowledgement of the University of Kentucky.