*Updated for Fall 2012*
Uploading a File from Excel into the Grade Center
1. In the Grade Center, move your mouse over Work Offline on the right side of the page.
2. Select Upload.
3. On the Upload Grades page, under Section 1: Choose File, click on the Browse button to find the file on your computer.
4. Select the Delimiter Type to be used. It is best to select the specific delimiter type, as ‘Auto’ may not always work properly (especially when using a Mac).
5. Click Submit.
6. On the Upload Grades Confirmation page, review the list of data from the file to be uploaded.as well as the Data Preview Column to ensure the correct data is being uploaded. You may uncheck any data to be excluded from the upload to upload only the desired columns of data from the file.
7. When satisfied, choose Submit.
Any file uploaded that contains “Incomplete” for a grade entry will be set to null, with no grade or text displayed in a column that has the Primary Display of Complete/Incomplete.
Any file uploaded that contains “Complete” for a grade entry will override any grade previously entered, and give the maximum points possible (100% for a Grade Item) in a column that has the Primary Display of Complete/Incomplete.
Any file uploaded that contains a numeric entry will be a numeric entry.