To put files into the Content Collection login to Blackboard, towards the top you should see the Content Collection tab. Click on the tab.
By clicking on the tab you will be taken to your My Content area. This is your own personal space on the Content System.
Create a folder for your class.
You can do this by clicking the Create Folder button.
Give it a logical name, and click Submit. (Use only letters and numbers and spaces in the name)
Upload your content into the folder on the Content Collection.
Click on the link to the folder.
This will put you inside the folder.
Once in the folder you can add your files.
Do this by clicking the Upload File button.
Click Browse and choose the file you want to add, then click Submit. If the file is really big it may seem that the browser is hung, but it is just uploading the file.
Repeat the process to add all the files you want into your Content Collection space.
After you have added all the files to the Content Collection you then need to link to them in your course.
Go into your course’s Control Panel, choose the content area that you would like to link to the files in. (For example Course Documents)
Click Create Item.
Give the item a name.
Scroll down to Attach or Link Content area.
- Skip the Attach Local File.
- Click Browse, to the right of the Link to Content Collection Item.
- Find your My Content area.
- Click the link to the folder that has your content.
- Select the file you want to link to.
- Click Submit.
- Click OK, to give permission to assign the rights to the link.
- Click Submit.
- Now your students should be able to see you file in your course.
- Repeat for as many files as you want linked into your course.
Return to Previous menu
©University of Kentucky, 2009
Academic Technology (ATG)
Permission is granted to reproduced materials for educational, noncommercial purposes, with acknowledgement of the University of Kentucky.