This document provides information about how downloading
and using the Flip4Mac plug-in to view Windows media files through Quicktime
Player on a Macintosh computer.
Flip4Mac is a Quicktime plug-in for Macintosh OS X computers
that adds Windows Media components to the Quicktime software, allowing users
to import, export, and view audio and video Windows Media (.wmv, .wma) files
using the Quicktime application and interface.
To use Flip4Mac to access Windows
Media files, complete the following instructions. Please note
that you will need an administrative account on the Macintosh computer on which
you want to install this
- Download the free Flip4Mac
plug-in from Apple to your Downloads folder
- Once disk image (.dmg) is downloaded, it should
automatically unstuff itself as an .mpkg file and open an installer.
- If the installer does not open, double-click on the .mpkg
file to run the installer.
- Click through the installer screens to complete a standard
installation of the software. Enter your administrator password when prompted
to do so.
- When the installation is complete, close and relaunch
your internet browser.
- Your Windows Media content should now be available through