SCS offers private Macintosh-based video editing bays in the Grehan
Building and in Young Library for students who need professional-level
hardware and software for completing video projects. These rooms provide
a quiet place for students to work alone or in small groups, with or
Library Editing Bays are open during staffed
lab hours only. Please bring a photo ID and see the consultant
on duty to check out a key.
The Journalism Editing Bays are open the same hours as the Journalism
Computer Lab. No reservation or key checkout required, although students
in the College of Journalism and Telecommunications are given first priority
on usage if the bays fill up.
Prior to using an edit bay, you must activate your Macintosh account. This can be done via the NetBlue
Account Manager, or
by asking a lab consultant upon arrival.
- Quad-core 2.66 GHz Intel Xeon Mac Pro Towers
- 20" Macintosh Cinema Display
- 500 GB hard drive
- 2 GB of RAM
- 2 Pioneer DVR-111D optical drives with support for dual-layer burning
- DV tape decks
- Wall-mounted flat 30" flat panel TV screens (Young only, select
- Basement of the Grehan
Journalism Building, in the Media Center for the Future. Four
bays hold 1-2 students each.
- Basement of Young
Library, in the Macintosh Computer Lab next to A/V Services.
Four bays hold up to 1-4 students each.
- Grehan edit bays - contact Nathan Stevens @ 859-257-1809,
or Virginia Lacefield @ 859-257-3018
- Young edit bays - contact Virginia Lacefield @ 859-257-3018